We truly believe prevention is better than cure.
Regular dental examinations allow us to monitor your teeth, gums and general oral health, provide advice to ensure longevity and advise on any appropriate treatments where necessary.
Regular dental examinations not only keep your mouth and gums in great health, but they also dramatically reduce the need for (and cost) of dental work later in life.
Your 10 point oral health check
During a routine dental examination all patients receive our thorough 10 point oral health check:
- We’ll discuss any concerns you have about your teeth and gums
- We’ll check for signs of plaque, which are a major cause of gum problems
- We’ll check the health of your gums and look for signs of gum disease
- We’ll examine existing dental work to ensure it’s still effective
- We’ll check for signs of wear and tear, usually caused by stress
- We’ll screen your mouth for signs of oral cancer
- We’ll assess your ‘bite’ to ensure it’s functional
- We’ll assess the movement of your jaw to ensure there’s no deviation from the expected movement
- Where appropriate we will take x-rays to investigate further
- For children we will ensure their teeth are growing correctly.
Upon completion of our oral health check we’ll take any action necessary and advise you on any appropriate changes to your oral health routine.
All our dental work is tailored to you as an individual and we provide every patient with a thorough treatment plan and associated costs upfront.
Benefits of regular dental examinations
- Regular checkups allow us to spot potential issues before they become expensive problems
- We can advise you on any appropriate changes to your oral health regime
Frequently asked questions
▸ How much is a routine dental examination?
A routine dental examination is £45 for existing patients. For new patients the cost is £65 and this includes your initial consultation.
▸ Will a routine examination hurt?
No. A routine examination is simply an examination of your mouth, teeth and gums to identify any problems. If you require any treatments we’ll provide you with a detailed treatment plan, complete with costs. A full list of our prices can be found here.
Where are we
We're along Fulham Palace Road, between Fulham & Hammersmith in South London.
Get in touch
If you have any questions or wish to arrange an appointment please get in touch.